Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Like Clockwork

And today, as has happened every year I've played the Road to the Roses game, I lost one of my fantasy stable picks to injury. Crown of Thorns (Repent-Crowning Touch by Thunder Gulch) has been sidelined because of a shin injury that will keep him completely out of the Triple Crown picture. Crown of Thorns had previously made a name for himself winning the g.II Robert B. Lewis Stakes in only his thrid race (and second win). Poor boy, we hardly knew you.

Other than this depressing snippet, the only news today seems to be the racing media's gushing over Curlin cantering (yes, cantering) over the Dubai track. Look, he's a good horse. I love him too, but I really don't need to know about every single step he takes in the desert. You can writte about him when he runs his next race or, seeing as that's likely to be against low level company, when he runs in the World Cup. Otherwise, we don't really need an update.

No comments: