Monday, June 2, 2008

Preparations begin

Some of the bloggers at right have Belmont Day easy. It's just a matter of rolling out of bed and heading to the track for them. We have a good 10-11 hour drive (both ways) to plan, which will necessitate 40 gallons of gas and what looks like two separate forays into Canada. Not that going to Canada is a big deal for those of us born and raised in southeastern Michigan (oh, by the way, GO WINGS!). Anyways, it looks to be a busy weekend, but then that's my favorite type.

-Today we got our tickets to the Belmont in the mail. Miracle of miracles, we appear to have done well in the seat lottery. Here is a diagram of the track with an arrow pointing to the section we'll be sitting in. And right down in front of us (and slightly to our left) is the finish line. Woohoo!
(Okay, actually...turns out it's not that cool. But somebody misspoke when they were talking to me about the tickets over the phone. So, ummm...yeah...we're actually at the top of the stretch...which could be a lot worse...right?)



-I've made up the logo for my shirt, now I have to print it on iron on paper and transfer it. Should have done that yesterday, but I was busy being lazy.

-Ferret boarder contacted (Did I mention I have a ferret? I love her, but she can be a pain.)

-Driving maps to and from NY (and two and from our hotel and the track) printed.

-In the process of figuring out how best to utilize the greater NYC area's transpotation system in order to spend a few qulaity hours downtown (DH has never been).

Still need to obtain: snacks, drinks, rain gear, binoculars (I know I have a pair somewhere), 1000 speed color film for good photos, extra APS film for mini point-and-shoot, small denomination money for toll roads (have no idea how much cash to take in general). Oh yeah, and at some point I should actually try and profile the race entrants (and those of the major undercard races...which look to be full of class).

1 comment:

Carrie P said...

So...which logo did you decide to go with? As I recall, there were two choices.